Wednesday, 31 March 2010

UP


I was excited when I saw the DVD for sale in WH Smiths. Not because it had just come out, it had been out for months, but because I hadn't managed to see it when it first came out in the cinema when it got all those amazing reviews and awards. So you can imagine my disappointment when I curled up on the sofa ready to watch an amzing movie and realised that all the anticipation had been for nothing. The movie was okay, it had some some funny moments and some upsetting moments, my own mother burst into tears when the old man's wife died, however the movie wasn't as special and it didn't stand out from all the other movies that i have seen, including Transformers 2. The story follows an old man and his wife's dream when he uses balloons to fly to Paradise Falls. His plan was cut short when he found a young boy called Russel on board his 'ship'. The two go on an amazing adventure where they find a giant bird, a talking dog and an evil villain. The movie is full of moving lines and scenes if you are one to be moved by such lines and scenes as those thought up by people with minds you just can't understand. The movie might have been better in 3D which was in the cinema. For me, my mind is made up that it is a sad and also funny movie that was moving in some places and slightly dull at some points. That is my view, some people have different views on the movie and I am by no means saying that you should not watch it.

2 comments:

Anghazardlights said...

Paul and I are really enjoying reading your blog. Keep the posts coming!

Aouda

xxx

Emily said...

I haven't seen this film, but I enjoyed reading your blogpost. I'm sure it would have been better in the cinema - I love 3D films!

Post a Comment