Monday, 18 July 2011

Robotic Cat's Wishlist! - Dell Alienware Area-51 ALX Desktop

       I have been away for quite a long time now and to try and get this blog back on track I am starting up this series where I outline what technological item I would wish to own.

       To start off I will choose the Dell Alienware Area-51 ALX Desktop which I believe when fully kitted out could be the ultimate computer. So what are the specs like, I hear you ask, well you have a choice between two incredibly powerful core i7 processors, 6 or 12 GB of high speed ram, a choice of hard drives that range from a 2TB 7200 rpm drive to a 1TB SSD, and a choice out of a multitude of high speed, blue ray disk drives. On top of all that you get not one but two GB amd graphics cards, that gives you and incredible 4GB of ram just for graphics alone! That's 4x the amount of ram the entire of my computer has to use!
       

       Well that was a lot of tech info, but was is this computer actually good for. Well, a lot. It can run games effortlessly, render HD videos in a matter of seconds, deliver fast speeds when it comes to graphical design and overall it is a complete powerhouse for anything that you through at it. While doing all this it still manages to look good.
      You might be thinking that all this is too good to be true, well it almost is, with a starting cost of over £2000, and thats before yo add any extras. But then again, that's why its on my wish list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment